71150 Industrial Whitcomb 65T (HO-Scale)
71150 Industrial Blue/Orange Whitcomb 65T Diesel Loco, Non-Sound (HO-Scale)
- DCC-Ready (on non-sound versions)
- Diecast chassis and hood
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running.
- Numerous factory-applied details
- American-style end beams, fully-enclosed around the couplers. Factory-equipped with knuckle couplers at the correct height.
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 14” / 358mm
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.