52937 ACL Whitcomb 65T 71 (HO-Scale)
52937 ACL Whitcomb 65-Ton 71 (65-DE-19A) Diesel Loco, Non-Sound (HO-Scale)
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel in HO-Scale from PIKO!
USATC and other European Whitcomb versions come with open end-beams and truck-mounted European standard hook-and-loop couplers. The couplers can be easily snapped out and replaced with our snap-in #56043 Kadee®-compatible PIKO knuckle couplers.
American Whitcomb versions come with fully-enclosed end beams and body-mounted Kadee®-compatible PIKO knuckle couplers.
- Reduced-depth wheel flanges for operation on Code 100 and Code 83 track
- Sound versions include NMRA/DCC-compliant PIKO Sound Decoder
- Diecast metal chassis and hood for heavy weight and excellent pulling power
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, quiet, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running
- Numerous factory-applied details
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 14” / 358mm
(DCC/Sound versions offer lights and basic automatic motor sounds on Analog DC operation.)
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.