52468 MMID #102 Whitcomb 65T (HO-Scale)
52468 MMID #102 Whitcomb 65T Diesel Loco, Non-Sound (HO-Scale)
Maryland Midland #102, is a PIKO Whitcomb 65T loco in HO-Scale with North America buffers/bumpers and an NEM knuckle coupler. This model has tooling variations specifically for the North American market.
- DCC-Ready (on non-sound versions)
- Diecast chassis and hood
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running.
- Numerous factory-applied details
- American-style end beams, fully-enclosed around the couplers. Factory-equipped with knuckle couplers at the correct height.
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 14” / 358mm
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.