52466 USATC Whitcomb 65T, Sound (HO-Scale)
52466 USATC Whitcomb 65 Ton (65-DE-19A) Diesel Loco, w/Sound (HO-Scale)
UPDATE: Fantastic response combined with worldwide electronic component shortages and global shipping delays resulted in the first production run of this specific model selling out. We can still take orders for this model, but they will not be fulfilled in 2021 and they will not be fulfilled at the existing price.
- NMRA-compliant PIKO SmartSound Decoder 5.1 provides DCC and sound
- Diecast chassis and hood
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running.
- Numerous factory-applied details
- European-style hook couplers. (Can modify with our snap-in #56043 knuckle coupler)
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 14” / 358mm
(Only Engine noise sounds are possible in standard Analog/DC mode.) The PIKO 5.1 SmartDecoder also allows for light programming of head/tail lights.
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.