38925 Vintage Warbirds SBD Hopper (G-Scale)
38925 Vintage Warbirds Hopper, SBD Dauntless (G-Scale)
PIKO Model Features
- A PIKO one-of-a-kind design, produced only once.
- Offset side design, open top, two-bay hopper (perfect for coal or other bulk goods)
- Numerous molded-on details including handrails and stirrup steps
- Heavy duty, durable plastic wheels for long term use in all environments
- Hook and loop type couplers
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Created with incredibly tough weather-resistant materials
- Minimum recommended radius: 600mm / 23.6”
- Length: 320mm / 12.6”
- Made in Germany
The Douglas built SBD Dauntless gained fame as a scout plane and dive bomber used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. The planes are well-known for playing major roles at Guadalcanal and the Battle of Midway. Though considered slow, the rugged SBD Dauntless were long range planes with good handling and maneuverability - especially in dives. PIKO presents this well-known plane as the sixth car in the Vintage Warbirds series.