38227 SF Mogul Steam Locomotive (G-Scale)
38227 Santa Fe (SF) Mogul Steam Locomotive w/ Sound and Smoke
- Detailed 2-6-0 Mogul steam locomotive with lights and smoke
- Powerful 5-pole precision can-type ball-bearing motor
- Numerous details including lights, brake cylinders, smoke stack, cowcatcher, handrails, ladders and more
- Comes with working 5-volt smoke unit
- Comes with DCC installed and digital sound made by Soundtraxx. (* Full-featured operation on Analog DC with nearly all the same functions as on Digital DCC.)
- Includes ball-bearing tender wheels for improved operation over spots of poor electrical contact, such as switches.
- Directional constant-intensity LED lights
- Durable hard chrome-plated drive wheels with ball-bearings on the geared axles.
- Interior with engineer figure
- Hook and loop type couplers
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Created with incredibly tough weather-resistant materials
- Minimum recommended radius: 600mm / 23.6”
- Length: 590mm / 23.4”
- Made in Germany
NOTE: The 2019 Catalog and New Items flyer has this item listed with a PIKO Sound SmartDecoder. The locos come with the popular SoundTraxx decoder.
* Analog DC operation requires well-filtered "pure" DC power supply/control. Poorly filtered DC, pulsed power or PWC will cause problems.