40802 USATC Whitcomb 65T (N-Scale)
40802 USATC II Whitcomb 65-Ton (65-DE-19A) Diesel Loco, Non-Sound (N-Scale)
Another PIKO First! The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel in N-Scale!All N-Scale Whitcomb versions offered at www.piko-america.com or supplied through PIKO America Authorized retailers come with fully-enclosed end beams and body-mounted Micro-Trains®-compatible PIKO knuckle couplers. Wheels have fine flanges, 0.56mm deep, conforming to NMRA S-4.2 for operation on N-Scale track with rails down to Code 40 rail.
All N-Scale Whitcomb versions sold in Europe and elsewhere in the world come with open end beams and truck-mounted European standard Rapido-style couplers. Wheel flanges are European standard deep flanges, requiring rails of at least Code 80 height. We do not offer conversion kits or parts for these locos.
- Sound versions include NMRA/DCC-compliant PIKO Sound Decoder
- Diecast metal chassis and hood for heavy weight and excellent pulling power
- Metal handrails
- Powerful, quiet, smooth-running motor for great low-speeds and precise running.
- Numerous factory-applied details
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Minimum recommended radius: 7.55” / 192mm
(DCC/Sound versions offer lights and basic automatic motor sounds on Analog DC operation.)
A Little About The Prototype...
The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel loco (also known as the 65-DE-19A) is a unique and detailed loco that actually helped win WWII. The Whitcomb 65-Ton Diesel Locos were built in America to fit the tight clearances of European railroads. After the US Army Transportation Corps was done with them, some even returned to serve on railroads and industrial short lines all across America.